Commercial Finance Analyst - Supply Chain
Finance & Fraud
4M, Manchester Airport
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
Location: 4M, Manchester Airport
About Finance at THG
Finance at THG is a rapidly growing and evolving team, covering all areas of finance from central functions such as accounts receivable and payable, treasury, tax and internal audit, to specific commercial teams for each of our divisions; Beauty, Tech, Consumer, Health and Brands. As the business expands and takes on new challenges in the form of acquired businesses or new ventures, finance is there to support every step of the way, leading to dynamic and challenging roles – no two days are the same! Common characteristics among our team are the ability to drive change, adaptability and resourcefulness, to ensure we can keep pace with the business, without compromising on financial control or sales performance.
About Ingenuity Finance
THG Ingenuity is THG’s proprietary, end-to-end technology and operating platform that has enabled the group to successfully build and scale its own global, direct-to-consumer brands, including market leaders Myprotein and lookfantastic. The platform continues to power THG’s $1.5 bn annual turnover and now services a growing portfolio of international retailers ready to take their brands to the next level of growth, working with businesses including large well know international brands.
Ingenuity offers an end-to-end solution to our clients and comprises multiple divisions including Ecommerce, Digital – state-of-the-art digital content, Fluently – helping organisations and brands communicate fluently in over 160 languages and Hosting - end-to-end digital commerce ecosystem built for seamless ecommerce and customer engagement. THG ECO is the latest part of Ingenuity, which offers recycling options and ways to become more carbon efficient. This latest part of Ingenuity is really exciting as we embark on our aim to become a more green business.
Ingenuity finance team plays an integral part in the success of THG and provides support to the senior management team to ensure all operational, commercial and financial targets are delivered. The day to day can vary from reporting of key financial information, partnering with business stakeholders or reviewing client proposals, but always driving continuous improvement within the finance function.
About the Role
As part of the Group Finance division, you will prepare data for external submission to regulators and clients; gathering information for internal & external audits; Contributing to improving processes in MI and reporting.
- Conduct Quality data analysis and generate reports using internal databases.
- Assist in gathering and preparing data for special projects.
- Assist with month end close to ensure timeliness and accuracy of data.
- Ensuring accuracy of data and presented reports that have been quality assured.
- Present and explain the MI Service Offering to the assigned business unit.
- Engage weekly with the Line Managers to identify new report requirements.
- Conduct impact analysis of any proposed changes and present the results to the head of MI for discussion.
- Participate in the project teams to ensure the MI components are continuously addressed.
- Manage expectations and contract deliverables.
- Build and maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders (Project Managers, Line Managers, Colleagues, Report Users, SBU- MI, Commercial Managers)
- Supporting the team in managing the month-end close timetable across all finance divisions to ensure we close on time, every time.
- Create & develop reporting information to enhance replenishment of products and services.
- Helping to automate current reporting within the team & enhance productivity within the team
- Management of group ingenuity stock for all warehouses internal & 3rd party, ensuring all stock is reconciled correctly & all transactions are consistent within all THG & our partners systems.
- Keeping key internal stakeholders informed on the progress of all transactions.
- Supporting the Operations teams with insight to develop “best practice”.
- Be flexible and reactive to incoming project work, such as assisting with the implementation of new IT software and group projects.
- Background working with large sets of data & understanding
- Interest in aspects of finance & business controls.
- Self-starter who is keen to learn and expand finance & business knowledge.
- Attention to detail, ensuring ‘right first time’ approach to all data shared with external stakeholders.
- Present the data in such a way that assists in the identification of trends.
- Identify and escalate non-compliances and concerning trends.
- Apply expert analysis and commentary to management information.
- Make recommendations to senior management with regards to improvement initiatives
- Experience of Incident / Problem or Change Management reporting tools (essential)
- Experience of a report formatting tool, such as Tableau (preferred)
- Competitive salary
- Onsite Doctor
- Employee discounts
- Gym Discounts
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
THG is proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer. If you are invited to interview, please let us know if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to the recruitment process that will enable you to perform to the best of your ability.
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job