Cash and Bank Team Leader
Finance & Fraud
Icon 1, M90 5AA
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
Location: Icon 1, M90 5AA
About Finance at THG
THG Finance is a dynamic and evolving team that covers all areas of finance, including central functions such as accounts receivable and payable, treasury, tax, and internal audit, as well as specific commercial teams for each of our divisions; Beauty, Tech, Consumer, Health, and Brands. As we expand our business and take on new challenges in the form of acquired businesses or new ventures, finance is there to support every step of the way, leading to dynamic and challenging roles. Common characteristics among our team members are the ability to drive change, adaptability, and resourcefulness to ensure we can keep pace with the business, without compromising on financial control or sales performance.
About the Role
Reporting into the C&B Manager, the primary responsibility of the C&B Team Leader is to ensure that the processing of supplier payments is carried out as per company policy and right first-time approach. The C&B Team Leader acts as a subject matter expert and point of reference for issues relating to the transactional delivery of THG payments and ensures that related processes are executed in line with the Group procedures and according to the internal and external audit requirements. The C&B Team Leader acts as part of the support network within the leadership team of the Cash & Bank Department. Taking on complex queries, assisting with the training of staff and contributing towards project work.
- Responsible for reviewing all scheduled and urgent supplier SAGE ERP / ADHOC / Payroll / TAX payments and submitting to the divisional directors for approval
- Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of all approved Sage ERP/ADHOC payments from the various group bank accounts
- Using various payment methods, prepare and check payments on our payment platforms, and in the bank where necessary, in numerous currencies, performing role of 1st /2nd approval and then submitting for approval in a timely manner to allow 2nd/ 3rd approvals to be completed
- Manage the internal ticketing system (SDP) delegating all payment / query tickets out throughout the team, ensure all payment cut-offs and SLAs are adhered to and being responsive to urgent requirements from within the group.
- Review bank nominals (bbanks) and ensure reconciliations are being actioned by the team, supporting with resolving issues on a timely basis and completing the postings.
- Responsible for managing the mailbox delegation across the divisional inboxes, ensuring the team are responding to queries within the agreed 48 hour SLA.
- Operate flexibly as part of the wider C&B team, providing support and solutions to other colleagues and team members, including training and support of new starters / C&B associates / seniors.
- Be the 1st level for query escalations for both C&B associates & the wider group.
- Monitor team performance and set clear KPI’s in line with the groups KPI’s.
- Ensure delivery of team projects
- People management of seniors L2 and associates L1, Including, but not limited to, completing regular 121’s; hosting regular team meetings / huddles; performance management; coaching and mentoring; team building.
- Hold regular stakeholder meetings and complete any actions / manage any escalations from those meetings.
- Completion of all month end tasks to agreed deadlines.
- Good mathematical and analytical skills
- Cash Payments experience preferably within a global organisation and dealing with differing international payment methods
- Passion and enthusiasm to learn with a ‘can-do’, self-starting attitude
- High level of inputting accuracy
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Able to organise own workload and to reprioritise at short notice to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, must be able to speak to internal and external stakeholders in a professional manner, representing the team and wider department
- Competitive salary
- Onsite doctor
- Employee discounts
- Gym discounts
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
THG is proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer. If you are invited to interview, please let us know if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to the recruitment process that will enable you to perform to the best of your ability.
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job