Cash and Bank Manager (9 month FTC - Maternity Cover)
Finance & Fraud
Icon 1, M90 5AA
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
Location: Icon 1, M90 5AA
About Finance at THG
THG Finance is a dynamic and evolving team that covers all areas of finance, including central functions such as accounts receivable and payable, treasury, tax, and internal audit, as well as specific commercial teams for each of our divisions; Beauty, Tech, Consumer, Health, and Brands. As we expand our business and take on new challenges in the form of acquired businesses or new ventures, finance is there to support every step of the way, leading to dynamic and challenging roles. Common characteristics among our team members are the ability to drive change, adaptability, and resourcefulness to ensure we can keep pace with the business, without compromising on financial control or sales performance.
About the Role
Reporting into the Head of Cash & Banking, the primary responsibility of the C&B Manager is to lead the Payments and Treasury Ops team. The C&B Manager acts as a subject matter expert and ensures that related processes are executed in line with the Group procedures and according to the internal and external audit requirements. You will ensure that the team is always working as efficiently as possible and providing right first-time outputs. You will be the senior point of contact for any issues/escalations within this area and will need to build strong relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
- This is a level 4 role managing a team of 8 heads, including 1 direct report.
- Responsible for checking and approving the supplier payments, payroll and tax on our payment platforms, and in the bank where necessary, in numerous currencies, performing the role of 2nd approver and then submitting for final approvals in a timely manner.
- Be the 3rd level for query escalations within C&B and responsible for root cause analysis (RCA) management to deliver the best results.
- Responsible for managing and reviewing systems access provided to the team, including access to payment platforms, reconciliations and accountancy software.
- Completion of all month end tasks to agreed deadlines.
- Monitor team performance and set clear KPI’s in line with the groups KPI’s. Have a focus on the continuous improvement of processes, procedures and best practices.
- Identifying areas of risk/concern and ensure that the necessary projects are initiated and completed within the agreed timescales.
- Mentor, guide and inspire the team, identifying areas of improvement and encouraging personal development.
- Hold regular stakeholder meetings and complete any actions / manage any escalations from those meetings.
- Cash Payments experience preferably within a global organisation and dealing with differing international payment methods
- Good mathematical and analytical skills
- Passion and enthusiasm to learn with a ‘can-do’, self-starting attitude
- High level of inputting accuracy
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Able to organise own workload and to reprioritise at short notice to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, must be able to speak to internal and external stakeholders in a professional manner, representing the team and wider department
- Competitive salary
- Onsite doctor
- Employee discounts
- Gym discounts
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
THG is proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer. If you are invited to interview, please let us know if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to the recruitment process that will enable you to perform to the best of your ability.
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job