Cash and Bank Associate
Finance & Fraud
Icon 1, M90 5AA
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
Job Title: Cash and Bank Associate
Location: THG Cash and Bank
About Finance at THG:
THG Finance is a dynamic and evolving team that covers all areas of finance, including central functions such as accounts receivable and payable, treasury, tax, and internal audit, as well as specific commercial teams for each of our divisions; Beauty, Tech, Consumer, Health, and Brands. As we expand our business and take on new challenges in the form of acquired businesses or new ventures, finance is there to support every step of the way, leading to dynamic and challenging roles. Common characteristics among our team members are the ability to drive change, adaptability, and resourcefulness to ensure we can keep pace with the business, without compromising on financial control or sales performance.
About The Role:
Reporting into the Payments Team Leader, the primary responsibility of the Payments Associate is to ensure that the processing of supplier payments are carried out as per company policy and right first-time approach.
The Cash and Bank Associate acts as a subject matter expert and point of reference for issues relating to the transactional delivery of THG Purchase To Pay payments and ensures that related processes are executed in line with the Group procedures and according to the internal and external audit requirements.
- Monitor and action any payment requests coming through the relevant mailbox and handle all queries efficiently and effectively to ensure all SLA’s and KPI’s are met
- Provide expertise and act as first point of reference to resolve issues with supplier payments
- Provide support to internal stakeholders and ensure payments are raised within the expected timeframe.
- Act as first point of reference for resolving internal and external issues and escalate to line manager or senior management as appropriate
- Process incoming requests through agreed workflow and schedule activities appropriately
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with external counterparts, other Transactional Teams, external suppliers, internal customers and business partners
- Strives to achieve best practice performance levels as per benchmarks agreed with the Supplier Services Manager
- In liaison with the Payments Team Leader and Group PTP Manager identify and propose continuous improvement initiatives
- Work with internal stakeholders to understand their expectations and processes and build professional relationships with them
The Payments Associate will be measured based on a set of agreed KPI’s, including but not limited to:
- Payments approved as per agreed schedules and payment and bank cut off times
- Unposted payments/outstanding bank rec items
- Collaboration with treasury on process improvements
- Payment query response time
- Degree qualified in relevant subject (or equivalent)
- Fluent in English both verbal and written. Another European Language (French, Polish, Swedish, German) would be an advantage but is not essential
- Office IT literate, preferably with intermediate MS Excel skills
- Sage or any other ERP systems knowledge
- Experience of payments processes (preferably within SSC environment)
- Ability to act as SME for the payments team whilst developing cross functional relationship
- Competitive salary
- Onsite doctor
- Employee discounts
- Gym discounts
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
THG is proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer. If you are invited to interview, please let us know if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to the recruitment process that will enable you to perform to the best of your ability.
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job