Buying and Merchandising Assistant Apprenticeship | Look Fantastic
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 10,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
We are delighted to announce we are looking for a Buying & Merchandising Apprentice.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please use the following link to submit your application: Buying and Merchandising Assistant Apprenticeship (kallidusrecruit.com)
This is an incredible opportunity to learn how we build strong relationships and work with some of the biggest brands globally to create unrivalled product ranges for our customers. You will attend supplier meetings to learn how we secure the best offers and promotions, forecast intake and secure exclusives for our customers. You’ll learn our system, processes, and end to end Purchase Order management, making sure all orders are delivered in time and our product availability is strong.
The role suits someone who is confident, outgoing and enjoys building relationships. You must be well organised, punctual and can demonstrate good problem-solving skills. You will need to be passionate and have a good understanding for consumer and lifestyle brands. You need to be happy working independently, delivering work to a high standard as part of a dedicated team. You will also work alongside other teams across the business, prioritising tasks to meet business needs.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain relationships with our brand partners
- Use data reporting to understand and identify trends
- Work with brand partners to identify opportunities with new or existing products
- Develop a strong seasonal calendar of activity with brand partners with regular promotions
- Work with finance and trading to ensure financial targets are met in relation to margin
- Work with marketing to make sure products are all clearly signposted on site and new launches have great impact
- End to end Purchase Order management with long term focus on reaching optimum on site stock availability; ensuring that all orders are on track for on time delivery through maintenance of the team delivery schedule.
- Escalate and highlight concerns to line manager.
- Daily supplier communication regarding orders placed and upcoming deliveries. Updating the system with order feedback and amendments.
- Reviewing and resolving inbound issues with Supply and Warehouse teams; liaising with suppliers and buyers to resolve queries.
- Attending brand meetings when required and build strong influential relationships.
- Supporting the team with excel reporting and preparation, analysis, data entry and general administrative duties.
- Raising orders, completing amendments and report distribution.
- Organised & self-motivated, works well on their own initiative yet is also seen as a key team player.
- A strong interest and passion for Beauty.
- A good communicator and enjoys building relationships.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Good administrative skills.
- Quickly identifies issues, focusing on solutions.
- Highly flexible to adapt to the needs of a fast-paced environment.
- Confident with Microsoft packages, specifically Excel.
- Competitive salary
- Commitment to continued learning and development through our bespoke early careers offering
- Working at Top 25 Sunday Times Large Companies to Work for 2021 rated business
- Access to mental health support as well as access to on-site Doctor and Nurse
- Discounted on-site Physio
- £25 towards eye tests can claimed back through expenses
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job