Business Development Manager - Carbon / Eco
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 10,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
- Manage all aspects of the carbon trading desk; lead generation, meetings, inventory, portfolios, trades, legals, and finance administration
- Help enhance profitable trading strategies using strong analytical skills, assisting with their implementation and management
- Generate interest and set up introductory meetings with Brokers, Traders, Sustainability Consultants and Corporates buying/selling carbon credits in the Voluntary Carbon Market
- Regularly monitor the Credit Standard Registry accounts to fully understand trends in the market, and buyers and sellers
- Ensure you have a good understanding of project methodologies and pricing
- Extend your knowledge and understanding in the Voluntary Carbon Markets through; webinars, research and external conferences.
- Support the administration team by maintaining existing customer portfolio and proactively communicating with network of buyers and sellers to facilitate trades
- Maintain trading summaries, keeping up-to-date and showing probability of trades
- Stay abreast of disclosure frameworks, carbon taxation and compliance requirements
- Manage CRM upload and full deal cycle of all carbon credit trades
- In depth knowledge of VCM
- Effective communication and compliance skills
- Skills to present with a keen eye on attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Have a keen commercial mind-set with focus on profitability
- Be highly numerate with good analytical capacity
- 1-3 years of experience in sales/business development or graduate level in an analytically-based discipline i.e. finance, maths, economics, science or equivalent
- 3+ years’ experience of the carbon markets
- Able to develop a new portfolio of customers and closing deals
- Knowledge of current commodity trading markets
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job