Business Development Executive | Lookfantastic The Box
Sales & Business Development
Manchester, United Kingdom
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
About the Division:
Lookfantastic The Box is a customer subscription sampling service trading Globally. Our business concept unites premier brands from the cosmetics industry with customers and beauty enthusiasts in an innovative and direct manner. Whether one chooses to subscribe to our exclusively curated limited-edition box or wants to opt for the monthly box subscription, our customers always receive a selection of beauty products delivered straight to their door - from well-known brands to exciting, upcoming brands available on the Lookfantastic.com platform.
About the role:
You will work closely with the Global Sourcing team to secure beauty products for our monthly subscription boxes, limited edition boxes as well as advent calendar ensuring the brands and products included meet the needs of our customers and represent THG as being at the forefront of beauty. As Business Development Executive you will be responsible of one beauty category and for the sourcing of this category.
You will have the opportunity to work with some of the most prestigious beauty brands in the world, gaining experience in client management and operational processes. You must have a passion for beauty, and this role is an entry level role with a clear career path to build on.
You will be responsible for supporting the global sourcing team, ensuring communication with our partners is effective and timely to ensure the smooth running of our operation to deliver millions of beauty products to our customers.
The right candidate will help to ensure our beauty boxes are packed full of the best beauty products and ensuring we provide outstanding value for money for our subscribers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· You will be responsible for agreeing brand sampling strategies within LF, aligning to their joint business plans with Buying & Marketing teams, managing your category budgets, quality scoring and bringing exciting & new products to Beauty Box customers.
· You will be a beauty addict. You will be responsible for introducing the world's best brands, from adored premium, to everyday favourites to brand new products to market. Quality is paramount to instil trust in our loyal subscribers.
· You will have a strong understanding of the Global beauty market to identify key partners for our business. You should have good political, cultural and economic awareness to identify opportunities, and potential issues, which we need to navigate as a business. You should have strong experience developing campaigns with beauty brands and key stakeholders internally & externally
· You will have strong commercial acumen, impressive sales pedigree, good people skills and you should be ambitious, quick-thinking and good at problem solving. Most importantly you will understand the importance of best representing a global brand culturally, both with brand partners and ensuring high quality product for our customers.
· Work alongside the Sourcing/Business Development, Campaign & Logistics Team to ensure all boxes are fulfilled to the required brief, in line with the objectives, customer needs, and monthly themes.
· Administrative tasks to ensure smooth operation of our subscription box business. Including, but not limited to: ensuring contracts are completed, updating business critical documents,
· Develop and maintain strong relationships with beauty brands.
· Work collaboratively across multiple functions to deliver exceptional results for customers.
· Research and report on beauty trends to help shape business strategy.
· Passion for beauty and a strong work-ethic.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Commercial awareness and a desire to learn and grow.
· Minimum educational requirement: BA/BS
· 2-3 years of Sales or Business Development experience, preferably with leading beauty brands
· Outstanding sales and relationship building skills
· Close network of key decision makers in the beauty industry
· You are not afraid of cold calling
· High energy with excellent communication skills
· Passion for beauty and the latest trends in the luxury category
· Motivated self-starter, detail oriented and organized
What We Offer
· Competitive salary
· Company bonus scheme
· Pension scheme
· Onsite Doctor
· Employee discounts
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job