Business Development Director – eCommerce
Icon 1, M90 5AA
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 10,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
THG Ingenuity solves global and local challenges for its partners, including, Nestle, P&G and Hotel Chocolat by delivering a seamless, effective and scalable direct-to-consumer retail model by incorporating all the required components for global digital commerce into a single, digital platform. This enables THG to offer brands access to every product and service required to launch and scale a global e-commerce solution through a single SaaS relationship, which eradicates the complexity and cost of multi-partner relationships. Built to empower both brands and customers alike, the Ingenuity ecosystem takes all the pieces needed for successful e-commerce propositions, and places them under one roof.
About the Business Development team and the Role
As a senior member of a rapidly growing sales team, the solution you’ll be selling is game changing in the Ecommerce space and is a globally unique D2C solution. With deals of £1m to 10m, you’ll be working with brands globally to understand how they want to take their products to a global audience. Ingenuity as a platform and solution, offers brands a market leading direct to consumer technology, digital and infrastructure solution that’s much quicker, cheaper and with considerably less risk.
- Sharing the THG journey and how its 45 brand and 16 years experience, has enabled the scaling of a market leading technology solution
- Consulting with brands on the D2C ambition and the challenges they are facing
- Understanding from your experience and training, how best to maximise the THG Ingenuity platform and solutions
- Utilise your network and ability to network, to identify and engage propsects
- Working closely with Sales Development to support you to grow a stable and opportune pipeline
- Building and maintaining strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Develop and implement tactical plans to achieve sales targets and expand the propsect and future customer base
- Approach potential clients through cold calls, email, LinkedIn, existing relationships, promotional events
- Preparing business presentations and proposals for prospective clients
- Managing sales funnel processes and Zoho CRM
- Taking care of customer requests and managing contractual agreements through to onboarding with customer success
- Participation in product reviews and new product development and helping to evolve the price and proposition.
- Strong experience within new business sales
- Proven solution sales skills and experience with $5M+ sales
- 5+ years experience in solution sales
- Experience with Sales Process Methodology and using CRM systems
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Experience using tools like LinkedIn, CRM and Docusign to maximise performance
- Proficiency in using PowerPoint, Word, Excel and similar presentation and office packages
- Competitive salary
- Onsite Doctor
- Employee discounts
- Gym Discounts
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
THG is proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer. If you are invited to interview, please let us know if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to the recruitment process that will enable you to perform to the best of your ability.
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job