Assistant Product Marketing Manager - Myprotein
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
THG Nutrition & Wellness:
THG Nutrition & Wellness is home to some of the best loved and most trusted names in wellbeing and nutrition, including Myprotein, the world's largest online sports nutrition brand, its family of brands, Myvegan, Myvitamins, Command, MP Activewear and MyPRO, plus Exante Diet.
We want to be the world's most empowering health movement, championing everyone to live healthier, more active lives. Our brands and people exist to break boundaries, to power and empower those who want more. We break conventions, we’re a force for good, and we keep it real. These are the values that drive us through every day.
Everything we do is done in-house, from manufacturing and new product development to content creation, e-commerce, marketing and logistics. This means we’re perfectly positioned to deliver to our vision and keep our place at the top of a fast-moving, global industry.
It's an incredibly exciting time to join the team, and we’re always looking for talented people who share our vision and values to drive our Nutrition & Wellness movement forward.
Assistant Product Marketing Manager - Myprotein
Location: Manchester (M90 3RR), Hybrid working
This is an exciting new role at The Hut Group (Myprotein.com) that will see you working with some of the most innovative sports nutrition products on the market, on a global scale. You will work closely with product development teams, campaigns, marketing, and trading teams to drive awareness and sales for both new and existing products. This will include assisting the Product Marketing team in generating market strategy, developing creative briefs and concepts as well as campaign execution and performance analysis.
The product marketing team is a function responsible for the market strategies across the current Myprotein product ranges, and new product development. The role requires an eye for detail and a passion for getting into the minds of the consumers, taking products to market.
The role of Assistant Product Marketing Manager includes responsibility across a key performance category – ensuring product success and delivery of product launch campaigns.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Product positioning and go-to-market strategy: Keeping up with product trends and market changes, understanding the customer and identifying product / product marketing opportunities within a fast-paced market.
- Product development – marketing support: Identifying market gaps and working closely with the product development team to position product needs and demands correctly - understanding the single-minded proposition and key USPs.
Ensuring that product and marketing are aligned with business goals, brand strategy, and customer profile requirements
- Market and consumer testing – packaging, product sampling and campaign
- Channel execution - liaising with marketing, ambassador, trading, new product team, production, and supply teams to bring the product to market
- Creative campaign briefing and development - Bringing products to life through creative campaigns and marketing execution, working with our creative studios and in-house marketing teams
- Project management skills – Tracking multiple product projects across various stakeholders, ensuring timelines are met and critical paths are adhered to
- Product performance – Tracking product performance through reporting to assess success, challenges and opportunities or solutions
- Presentation planning and delivery – Presenting business briefs, campaign updates and marketing execution plans to wider stakeholders across the business.
Hosting execution and performance presentations to ensure team and stakeholder buy-in
What we're looking for:
- Experience in developing market strategies and campaign execution
- Understanding of product development or positioning
- Strong communication skills - specifically the ability to co-ordinate and communicate marketing to other members of the team and external partners
- Interpersonal skills - ability to get on with a wide variety of people at all levels, including designers, marketing teams, trading managers and management
- A level of understanding of digital marketing techniques and tools (PPC, Email, Social, SEO, PR) and an interest in data and insights
- Drive for results - we are looking for accountable success and results
- Innovation and creativity with a desire to see positive change
- Market research and strategy positioning – considering customer shopping habits, new trends, demand and solutions
- Creative campaign development
- Interest and knowledge in the sports, health and wellbeing markets
- Some knowledge of marketing channels and the way that these channels work
- Experience of marketing campaigns
- Relationship marketing experience
- Experience of web analytics tools (preferably Google Analytics)
- Understanding of technical aspects of the web (html, major browsers, and related page elements)
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Discretionary bonus dependant on company & personal performance
- Hybrid working
- Birthday off
- Company doctor
- Access to staff gym at THG Icon office
- Discounts across THG Brands
- Other benefits
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job