Assistant Merchandiser | LOOKFANTASTIC
Manchester, United Kingdom
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
About Core Beauty
THG is Europe’s No1 Online Destination for Premium Beauty. Our mission is to empower people globally to look and feel fantastic every day. To enable us to do this we have offices across the UK, Europe, America and Australia filled with passionate beauty fanatics who are committed to delivering rapid growth in this exciting industry. We work with over 800 of the world’s greatest beauty brands such as MAC, Kerastase, GHD, Tom Ford and YSL to bring our customers the widest offering of beauty products from around the globe. Passion, innovation and commitment are key characteristics in this ever-expanding team as we strive to become the World’s No1 Online.
About the role
The Merchandising team is responsible for the end to end management of stock within the business from planning and managing intake into the business and maximizing the stock profile to drive sales and profit.
Reporting into the department Merchandiser, the Assistant Merchandiser will be assisting in the management of the intake and stock profile of your department through supporting the critical path process and problem solving to improve efficiencies. You will have a key focus on trade and use your knowledge to help drive department KPIs.
- Recommends re buys as necessary, reviewing under and overstocks with suggested actions to maintain optimum stock health.
- Analyses best and worst sellers making informed recommendations for action. Ensuring best sellers reach their full potential with consistent availability.
- Oversee end to end purchase order management with long term focus on reaching optimum on site stock availability; ensuring that all orders are on track for on time delivery with admin through maintenance of the team delivery schedule.
- Escalate and highlight critical path opportunities or concerns to line manager.
- Reviewing and resolving inbound issues with Supply and Warehouse teams; liaising with suppliers and buyers to resolve queries.
- Attending brand meetings when required and build strong influential relationships.
- Building collaborative working relationships with buying counterpart working towards department strategy.
- Supporting the Merchandiser and Head of Merchandising with excel reporting and preparation, analysis, and overseeing general housekeeping duties.
- Direct reports to include managing the progression and development of the Admin Assistant.
- Organised & self-motivated, works well on their own initiative yet is also seen as a key team player.
- An interest and passion for Beauty.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Quickly identifies issues, focusing on solutions.
- Influences and communicates confidently. Ability to build strong relationships.
- Highly flexible to adapt to the needs of a fast-paced environment.
- Confident with Microsoft packages, specifically Excel.
- • Competitive Salary
• Company Pension Scheme – Matching up to 4%
• 25 Days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays plus Birthday Leave
• Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Policy
• Enhanced Compassionate Leave
• Cycle to Work Scheme, Tech Scheme & More…
• Access to On-Site Doctor, Physio, Gym and Shop
• Commitment to Continued Learning and Development Through our Bespoke L&D Offering
• Exclusive Discounts off THG Brands
• Many More...
THG is proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer. If you are invited to interview, please let us know if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to the recruitment process that will enable you to perform to the best of your ability.
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job