Assistant Buyer | DERMSTORE | SkinStore
New York City, New York, United States
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 10,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
About THG Beauty
THG Beauty is quickly becoming one of the world’s leading online beauty retailers. From skincare to cosmetics and hair products, our brands are breaking boundaries and growing at a relentless pace.
We’re home to market-leading websites like Lookfantastic, Skinstore, Dermstore, Mankind and the beauty subscription box brand Glossybox. And our portfolio of premium brands includes the likes of ESPA, Illamasqua, Eyeko and Grow Gorgeous – all of which are loved and trusted by millions of fans worldwide.
With everything from manufacture and new product development to content creation, marketing and logistics delivered in-house, THG Beauty is perfectly positioned to consistently deliver rapid growth in a fast-moving, global industry. We also partner with a network of more than 19,000 influencers to ensure brands can reach their audience, anywhere in the world.
It’s an incredibly exciting time to be joining the team.
About the Role
This position is responsible for supporting the top line sales growth, vendor collaboration and management of the product assortment for the assigned category. This role reports to the category Buyer.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the product catalog presentation, accuracy, and optimization across total category assortment
- Manages and updates product catalogue including pricing, content, images and more for setup and go- live of new brands and products
- Edit brand pages for key vendors to ensure their assortment showcases newness and highlights hero products as well as collects relevant and accurate product information
- Identifying improvements and optimizations to be made to the product page and attribution to maximize conversion and actively leading these improvement projects
- Secure samples and gifts-with-purchase (GWPs) from assigned vendors and brands; partner with site merchandising and trade, marketing and planning to execute sampling/GWP promotions
- Provide key executional support to the category - buy plans, promotional events, product/sku audits, discontinued inventory, vendor sales communication, vendor meetings, brand trainings and samples
- Analyze competitor and industry performance, uncovering potential white spaces; assume a curious and creative mindset to identify category and product opportunities
- Assist in administrative functions for category as needed
Skills & Requirements
- 4 year degree, undergraduate degree
- 0-1 years relevant experience
- Excellent computer skills – all Microsoft Applications, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong organization skills
- Attention to detail - thoroughness and accuracy
- Clear communication
- Self-starter – proactive with a positive attitude
- Team player
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, environment
- Salary $60,000 - $65,000 per annum
- Hybrid work Schedule: 3 days in office 2 day WFH
- Office Location: New York City
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- 401K matched up to 5%
- Generous PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Short and long-term disability
- Summer Fridays
- Exclusive employee discounts off THG Brands
- Many more...
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job