Assistant Buyer | Cult Beauty
London, United Kingdom
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
Who is Cult Beauty? Well, we’re a beauty-obsessed team who share a common goal — to become the most trusted beauty retailer in the world! We’re all about intelligent beauty, from the way we pick our ever-lusted-after brands to how we talk to our exceptionally savvy customers. Our Cult Community values transparency and so do we. That’s why we only sell the products that truly blow us away and publish every review on our site.
To achieve this goal, we want to collaborate with individuals who have the same vision. As part of the Cult Beauty team, you’ll be encouraged to share ideas and empowered to aim for the skies. We’re a team so if we fail, we fail together and try again. Cult Beauty has become the successful world leader it is because of our people. We’re a close-knit family that recognises that our collective and community are much more valuable than the sum of their parts. We’re not just here to sell the most unbelievably amazing beauty products in the world, we also want to challenge the definition of what ‘beauty’ is and use our platform to challenge the status quo — both in our industry and society.
About the Role
· Working with the Junior Buyer / Buyer to build, manage and deliver brand budgets
· Helping Junior Buyer / Buyer build a best in market joint business plan to achieve business benefits including market leading promotions, first to market launches, exclusives and investment into promotional & marketing support to maximise performance.
· Communicates key JBP activations by brand to site managers and marketing teams to ensure the successful execution of the JBP
· Responsible for coordinating JBP activations including the set up and ordering of NPD and GWPs, setting live and taking down brand promotions, providing clear guidance to trading teams around the time, strength and included SKUs of any promotions and actively providing teams with marketing assets to promote brands across site
· Continuous monitoring and review of category performance to analyse sales patterns, taking into consideration competitor activations in the market. Advises relevant teams and ensures appropriate action is taken to unforeseen sales reactions.
· Attends brand meetings alongside Junior Buyer / Buyer to offer support in meeting notes and feedback
· Takes responsibility for demand planning by brand alongside merch team to ensure every brand always has the stock needed to maximise budget performance and any new additions to the range are ordered in a timely manner
· Regular review and reporting of our pricing and competitive stance in the market by brand, highlighting to category manger and trading teams where we are not competitive and collaboratively strengthening our position
· Regular review and rationalisation of brands within category as well as working with team to conduct regular reviews of ranges within their brands
· Keeps up to date with industry/market trends and networking opportunities to help further build brand plans & relationships
· Provides support to new team members – ensures a full induction is provided and support during the learning process
Responsibility for building strength in key strategic brand relationships while delivering sales & profit growth
· Category Sales Growth Target(s):- achieving sales growth in line if not above of budget.
· Category Gross Margin Target(s):- achieving sales growth at maintained margin.
· Availability & fulfilment actuals and progression by brand
· On time launch of all NPD and range extensions
§ Team player – able to collaborate across functions
§ Initiative – able to think outside of the box
§ Pro-active and positive attitude
§ Developing Self and Others
§ Driven and goal orientated
§ Can build strong relationships
§ Can work cross functionally across teams to deliver the best outcome for our brand partners and our business.
§ Prioritise, structure work & effectively manage time
§ Financial and analytical ability – ability to budget and review performance
· Excellent communicator – able to give clarity and set direction
§ Commercial awareness of the beauty industry
§ Strong knowledge of your brand partners
§ Ability to form good working relationships with internal teams and external clients
§ Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
§ Project management skills
§ Negotiation skills
· Competitive Salary
· Agile working policy – up to 2 days working from home
· Discretionary bonus scheme based on performance
· Exclusive discounts off THG Brands
· On-site Gym, Doctor, Nurse & Hairdresser
· Pension Scheme
· Other benefits
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job