Asia Logistics Executive
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
About Central Functions
Central Functions is formed of the teams and people that serve the entire business. These people are integral to the smooth running of the business; ensuring everyone is paid on time, that materials are sourced and arrive promptly, that we meet our legal obligations and that our health, safety, and security is safeguarded.
About the Logistics Team and the Role
THG is looking to recruit a Logistics Executive with 1-2 years’ experience in Logistics to organise shipments in and out of our distribution centres based in the UK and Singapore.
Your primary focus will be to ensure continued excellent performance across Asia, and drive innovative improvements to increase customer experience, while maintaining and decreasing commercial costs. This will cover a wide array of daily and ongoing tasks, to ensure customer orders can be fulfilled accurately and on time, while maintaining strong business commercials to support.
You will be responsible for working with external freight forwarders and 3rd party logistics providers based in the UK and Singapore to ensure that all outbound transport and traffic for THG is delivered in as efficient and commercially effective manner as possible.
This an exciting but challenging role in a fast-paced environment, meaning the ideal candidate would need to be comfortable in managing their own time and workload effectively, and has the flexibility to adapt and think on their feet. You will be working in a close-knit team with a lot of cross team collaboration, with excellent scope for progression.
- Ensuring that all logistics transport and delivery solutions for B2C customers are provided and maintained, meeting with business targets.
- Innovating and driving new strategic solutions to increase performance and reduce overhead costs for THG.
- Key focus on creating new relationships on new emerging markets, and opening new lanes of commercially viable business.
- Optimise and drive efficiencies of existing delivery lanes.
- Work collaboratively with other central teams, to help drive business wide improvements, including:
- Payments, CS, Tech, Marketing, Operations
- Ensuring that 3rd party logistic providers are adhering to the service levels agreed to with THG.
- Providing ongoing support in the negotiation and renegotiation of 3rd party logistic contracts, liaising with Legal and Finance teams.
- Ongoing analysis work into optimal mix of cost and service levels for B2C traffic, in line with business expectations.
- Continually and Sustainably maintain and drive Customer Experience for THG’s customers, to deliver the best possible service, through all steps of customers delivery journey.
- Primary regions of focus for this role will be: Asia
- Confidence to host and lead business development meetings with senior counterparts from other parts of the business, both internal and external, to ensure collaboration is smooth and effective.
- Maintain up to date and current knowledge of relevant legislation, political situations and other factors that could affect the movement of traffic through networks.
- Ensuring the business is compliant with customs regulations relevant to B2C importing and exporting in Asia.
- Excellent communication skills - you will be liaising with a variety of people, both internal and external.
- This requires a strong level of clarity and accuracy, to avoid major problems as a result of miscommunication.
- Strong self-management and initiative skills, to manage own workload, and flexibility to re-organise to meet required timelines.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Knowledge of geographical regions and any possible restrictions.
- Ability to work under pressure, adhering to time sensitive deadlines and flexibility of time management to support as needed.
- Strong knowledge of spreadsheet usage and manipulation, along with the capability to conduct complex analysis on large data sets.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to a variety of online system suites used for internal processes and external 3rd party portals also.
- Keen eye for attention to detail and accuracy, coupled with analytical mind and strong problem-solving ability.
- Experience working within the transport/delivery side of Logistics, ideally with experience of international freight movements and liaising with 3PL, in an environment of retail/e-commerce.
- Competitive salary
- Onsite Doctor
- Employee discounts
- Gym Discounts
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
THG is proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer. If you are invited to interview, please let us know if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to the recruitment process that will enable you to perform to the best of your ability.
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job