Accounts Payable Associate - Nutrition
Finance & Fraud
Icon 1, M90 5AA
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
Location: Icon 1, M90 5AA
THG Nutrition is one of the world’s leading players in online sports and nutrition retail. Our brands are breaking boundaries and growing at a relentless pace.
We’re home to the world’s largest online sports nutrition brand Myprotein operating across 70 countries, including its family of brands Myvegan, Myvitamins, Command, MP Clothing and Myprotein Pro. All are loved and trusted by millions of fans worldwide with Myprotein reaching its 10 million customer milestone last year.
With everything from manufacturing and new product development to content creation, marketing and logistics delivered in-house, four acquisitions over the past two years, THG Nutrition is perfectly positioned to consistently deliver rapid growth in a fast-moving, global industry.
About Finance at THG
Finance at THG is a rapidly growing and evolving team, covering all areas of finance from central functions such as accounts receivable and payable, treasury, tax and internal audit, to specific commercial teams for each of our divisions; Beauty, Tech, Consumer, Health and Brands. As the business expands and takes on new challenges in the form of acquired businesses or new ventures, finance is there to support every step of the way, leading to dynamic and challenging roles – no two days are the same! Common characteristics among our team are the ability to drive change, adaptability and resourcefulness, to ensure we can keep pace with the business, without compromising on financial control or sales performance.
About the Role
This role will undertake all aspects of the accounts receivable (AR) and accounts payable (AP) and treasury functions from start to finish.
- Ensuring all customers and suppliers are set up
- Processing of all sales and purchase invoices (PO and non PO invoices) including ensuring that invoices and credit notes are processed
- Cash allocation of payments and receipts
- Ensuring timely cash receipts in line with contractual terms.
- Ensuring timely cash payments in line with pre-determined payment dates
- Handling and resolving customer and internal sales related queries
- Handling and resolving supplier related and internal queries
- Preparation of Month-end reconciliations of accounts receivable, accounts payable and cash book accounts (including all petty cash accounts
- Ensuring monthly statements are dispatched to the customer and all supplier statements are reconciled upon receipt including investigation and resolution of variances
- Monthly posting and reconciliation of bank accounts
- Ensuring all intercompany related transactions are recorded appropriately at each entity/site
- Monitoring and circulating customer credit limits in line with credit rating reports
- Monitoring approved supplier lists
- Filing and archiving of all accounts receivable, accounts payable and banking documentation
- Monitoring customer and supplier master data
- Responsibility for monitoring, delivering and producing business reporting
- Ad hoc finance duties
- Recording of HMRC alcohol Duty
- Perform any other reasonable task required
- Relevant Accountancy, Finance or Business Qualification.
- Experience of working in accounts receivable, payable roles.
- High numeracy and literacy skills
- Computer literate
- Experience of using Navision Accounts
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
- Self-driven, enthusiastic and motivated
- Confident and assertive with good communication skills.
- Committed to ensuring that our customers and suppliers receive excellent service standards
- Good time management skills
- Has high work standards
- Good team worker
- Committed, disciplined and able to work under pressure
- Committed to the continuous improvement of themselves and the business.
- Competitive salary
- Onsite Doctor
- Employee discounts
- Gym Discounts
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
THG is proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer. If you are invited to interview, please let us know if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to the recruitment process that will enable you to perform to the best of your ability.
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job