Accounts Assistant - Ingenuity
Finance & Fraud
Icon 1, M90 5AA
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
Location: Icon 1, M90 5AA
About Finance at THG
THG Finance is a dynamic and evolving team that covers all areas of finance, including central functions such as accounts receivable and payable, treasury, tax, and internal audit, as well as specific commercial teams for each of our divisions; Beauty, Tech, Consumer, Health, and Brands. As we expand our business and take on new challenges in the form of acquired businesses or new ventures, finance is there to support every step of the way, leading to dynamic and challenging roles. Common characteristics among our team members are the ability to drive change, adaptability, and resourcefulness to ensure we can keep pace with the business, without compromising on financial control or sales performance.
About the Role
We are seeking an Accounts Assistant to join our growing Ingenuity business area. Reporting to the Transactions Team Leader, you will be responsible for ensuring the end-to-end processing of B2B customer billing, supplier invoices, and credit control is carried out accurately and efficiently to maximize cash and minimize risk. As a subject matter expert, you will act as a point of reference for activities related to customer and supplier transactional finance and ensure that related processes are executed in line with group procedures and audit requirements.
- Process B2B customer invoices and credit notes accurately and in a timely manner in accordance with HMRC VAT regulations, company guidelines, and SLAs.
- Post customer receipts daily into the ledger and allocate invoices accurately according to remittance advices and SLAs.
- Send customer invoices via email once posted and upload to portals where required according to SLAs.
- Ensure all AP documents are processed and paid within the expected timeframe.
- Provide support to internal stakeholders and act as the first point of reference to resolve any queries coming through the relevant mailbox, handling all queries efficiently and effectively to ensure all SLAs and KPIs are met.
- Perform key account reconciliations and query resolution.
- Debt chasing and key account management.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with external customers, suppliers, internal stakeholders, and wider finance teams.
- Strive to achieve best practice performance levels as per benchmarks agreed with the Transactions Team Leader.
- Drive a change mentality within the Transactions Team and wider business to enhance better working relationships and positive working behaviors.
- Support with audit requests at any given time.
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required.
- Degree qualified in a relevant subject (or equivalent).
- Fluent in English verbal and written. Another European language (French, Polish, Swedish, German) would be an advantage.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Credit Control processes.
- Experience of processing a high volume of invoices/credits in multiple currencies.
- Good knowledge and understanding of VAT requirements.
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Word, ACCESS, Outlook, and Excel (Understanding V-Lookup, Pivot, and Functions an advantage).
- Knowledge of SAGE X3 advantageous or any other ERP systems.
- Track record of consistently hitting high performing standards and deadlines.
- Competitive salary
- Onsite doctor
- Employee discounts
- Gym discounts
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
THG is proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer. If you are invited to interview, please let us know if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to the recruitment process that will enable you to perform to the best of your ability.
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job