Maintaining appropriate standards of corporate governance is essential to the good management of the business. The Board is responsible for ensuring that THG lives up to these standards, and monitors our policies to ensure that they are appropriate for the nature, status, size and circumstances of our company.
Role of the Board
The Board is primarily responsible for enhancing shareholder’s interests. It does this by:
- Setting the strategy and direction of the company;
- Approving or recommending changes to THG’s structure and capital;
- Approving and overseeing financial reporting and controls;
- Approving material agreements to the entered into by the company;
- Overseeing communications with shareholders;
- Approving board appointments and remuneration;
- Taking responsibility for risk assessment and internal controls;
- Overseeing THG’s overall corporate governance arrangements.
The schedule of matters reserved to the Board for its collective decision is available here.
Senior Independent Director
Zillah Byng-Thorne has been appointed as THG’s Senior Independent Director. The Senior Independent Director will be available to shareholders if they have concerns, which contact through the normal channels of the Executive Chairman and Chief Executive Officer has failed to resolve or for which such contact is inappropriate. A description of the role of the Senior Independent Director is available here.